EPILPESY IS THE MOST COMMON SERIOUS BRAIN DISORDER WORLDWIDE WITH NO AGE, RACIAL, SOCIAL CLASS, NATIONAL NOR GEOGRAPHIC BOUNDARIES.
About 65 million people in the world are affected by epilepsy, about 3.4 million in the USA, and over 160,000 in our region.
About 50% of cases begin in infancy, childhood and adolescence.
1 in 26 people will be diagnosed with epilepsy in their lifetime, and 2 million new cases occur each year.
Up to 50,000 people in the USA die of seizures and seizure related causes each year
More people live with epilepsy than those with autism, Parkinson’s disease, MS and cerebral palsy combined. Yet, federal funding for epilepsy research is about $2 per person affected –nowhere near the federal funding for these other disorders which range from $65 to $1,147per person affected.
Our ultimate goal is no child diagnosed with epilepsy. Until then, your support ensures that children with epilepsy can get specialty care and the epilepsy research thrives in our region – giving children and their families hope for cures.
Continuing to build on the success of CARE & CURE here in greater Los Angeles while expanding to more markets:
• Miami, FL and Orange County, CA will be our first new Care & Cure regions
• Greater Los Angeles Care & Cure now stands at 26 fellows and counting
• We remain the largest affiliate sponsor of epilepsy research
• We assist over 10,000 families in our region through care, advocacy, awareness and education
• We will lead the End Epilepsy campaign nationwide
• Our annual Walk to End Epilepsy and End Epilepsy Summit reach over 5,000 in our community with support, information and resources and a platform for action.
This year’s event will be held in May 10, 2018 at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel. The event will be honoring Mary Parent, Vice Chairman Worldwide Production at Legendary Entertainment.
For more information, please visit CareandCure.org
This year’s Orange County Care + Cure Gala will be held in September 2018.
Stay tuned for more details and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions in the meantime.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR DONATE PAGE.
This service is currently unavailable, due to unplanned updates. We apologize for the inconvenience. We thank you for your patience.
For more information or if would like to make a donation, please contact Don Nose at 310.670.2870 x9258 at our office.